order status |
|Home||Collection Gallery||Blog||Help Desk||Deal of the Day||Clearance|
Home rugs are the perfect solution when seeking to remodel, reinvent
or even update any room in your home. Home rugs are a small
investment that can breathe new life and beauty into your home
without the hassle and expense of a major renovation.
Home rugs have become very popular because of their versatility. Home rugs are not just for covering hard surfaces, although that is the most common treatment. Home rugs also can be placed over wall-to-wall carpet to serve as a focal point, or under a dining-room table. Using Home rugs is an easy way to change the look of a room with hard wood floors and if your wall to wall carpet isn't in the best shape, it's a quick fix to conceal the wear and tear from years of use and while giving the room a much needed makeover.
Home rugs have found favor among homeowners mainly because many newer houses feature floor surfaces such as tile and hardwood. They can warm up a room instantly, become the focal point, add splashes of color or define spaces in a room. They can also be modified or changed throughout the year with each passing season.
Floor coverings allow you to create a room within a room.
Area rug shopping for your home is convenient and simple with Rugs Direct. Area rug shopping is not difficult and choosing the right area rug is a personal choice each shopper should enjoy. There are some things you should consider before making an area rug purchase.
• Rug use: Determine HOW you will use the rug. Are you using the area rug to protect hardwood floor? Define spaces within a room? Warm up tile flooring?
• The Home Rug verses home décor: Integrating the area rug with décor is essential. If the area rug will be your focal point, consider one with a central medallion. If the fireplace is the focal point, go with an area rug with a more repetitive pattern, minus the medallion.
Choose the area rug with a subtler pattern in the rug if your upholstery or wallpaper contains ornate patterns, Choose the area rug with colors that coordinate with your décor. It's not necessary that all of the colors match, but at least one color should. A lighter-colored area rug will make the room seem more spacious; a darker one will create warmth.
• Mixing designs: Use different patterns within
the same room as long as the colors coordinate. Go with rugs of
varying sizes to create interest and contrast.
1. For use under a coffee table, choose a 4- by 6-foot or 6- by 9-foot area rug. Table legs should stand within the rug. To accent furnishings; leave floor space between the rug and furniture.
2. For use under a dining- room table, go with a rug that's at least 8 feet wide. The chair legs shouldn't fall off the rug when people are seated at the table or when the chair is pulled out. To be sure of the size, measure the length and width of the table, and add at least four feet to each.
3. For use in an entire room, an 8- by 11-foot rug typically works well. Try to leave an equal amount of flooring exposed on all sides as border.
Visit the Superior Rugs showroom for a great
selection of rugs! We encourage shoppers to bring swatches of
wallpaper, paint or upholstery fabrics when the shop.