Home > Rugs Customer Service
Superior Rugs is a great place to find a wide selection of discount area rugs.
ORIENTAL Rugs have long been appreciated for their beauty. That beauty is achieved through the choice of colors and designs, as well as by the manipulation of designs and colors to form pleasing patterns.
Patterns in Persian area Rugs are never quite what you expect - a surprise here, a flourish there, a change of color, the flip or rotation of a design where you might not predict it. The more you look, the more variations you will find.
How should I care for my rug?
A few Simple steps to take to keep your rug looking like the day you brought it home.
- DON'T shampoo the rug or use water based cleaners, without consulting a professional rug cleaner. Many cleaners contain chemicals and/or bleach, which can cause damage to the rug or cause the colors to change. If you have a spill, just use clean towels and warm water. Place a towel under the rug to catch the water and then just tap the top of the rug with a clean, dry towel. Don't wipe the stain. There is no point in spreading the misery. Also, don't push too hard. Most of the spill in on the top of the rug so just be gentle. If the stain were caused by red wine, I would also suggest a good amount of prayers. Worst case, check with a retailer or a laundry cleaner.
- When the rug is dirty, just vacuum it. Don't use excessive power as it can harm the rug over time. The more suction, the more stress on the rug. Just use a normal setting, unless there is a good reason.
- Turn the rug every few month. Especially if there is direct sunlight. Sunlight bleaches out the color on the rug where the rug directly shines on. If the rug is near a window or door, just turn it from time to time.
- If you hang a rug on a wall, never use nails to fasten the rug. Over time the hole where the nail entered the rug will get bigger and can cause damage to the rug.
- NEVER use a comb to straighten the fringes. Combing causes the wool to come off the fringes and thins the fringes to a point where the knots will come loose at the end of the rug. Simply grab a loved one and on a count of 3 flip the end of the rug over. Ok, it does not have to a loved one, just stay away with the comb or brush.
- Be careful when you use padding under the rug to keep it in place. Some rugs, especially those with a silk foundation, don't do well with padding and you may end up causing more harms than good.
- If in doubt, ask a professional retailer or a cleaner. It may sound simple but if you know the things I have seen, you would understand what I mean.